Michael Douglas and Matt Damon cover the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly as Liberace and his lover Scott Thorson in the upcoming biopic, Behind the Candelabra.
Damon talks about some of the production preps: ”Every Sunday night, this girl would come to my house and I would stand in my garage and I would hike my boxer briefs up into the crack of my a– and she would give me a spray tan… We’ve been through three childbirths, we’ve been in the trenches, there are no secrets. But I really wish she didn’t see that. That’s too much.”
Douglas recalls living next to Liberace: ”I remember meeting him just in passing, in his convertible with the top down — his hair not moving.”
Damon on the gay sex scenes: ”The scene where I’m behind him and going at him, we did that in one take. We do it. Cut. There’s a long pause. And then you just hear Steven go, ‘Well… I have no notes.’”
The biopic, directed by Steven Soderbergh, is based on Thorson’s 1988 memoir about Liberace’s over-the-top world of palatial houses, extravagant clothes, and secret affairs. Liberace never publicly came out as gay before dying of AIDS in 1987.
Rob Lowe, Dan Akyroyd, Boyd Holbrook and Debbie Reynolds also star in the film airing May 26 on HBO.
- whatareyagonnado reblogged this from hollywoodbulletin
- beaumccall likes this
- that5-life reblogged this from everythingyntk
- that5-life likes this
- everythingyntk reblogged this from hollywoodbulletin and added:
- fernahp reblogged this from hollywoodbulletin
- delvedigby likes this
- popcornandvelvetseats reblogged this from hollywoodbulletin
- plutos-forever-girl reblogged this from hollywoodbulletin and added:
- tripp-inn reblogged this from hollywoodbulletin
- tripp-inn likes this
- popcornandvelvetseats likes this
- hollywoodbulletin posted this